Christian Bale: Caped Crusader

christian-bale2

Let’s face it. Christian Bale is sexy. He brings equal commitment to playing a superhero, a dragon-fighter or a psycho. It seems like every role involves him getting shirtless at some point, but that’s OK because 99.9% of the man-fancying population supports such a contractual demand entirely. The other 0.1% would have, but they accidentally watched The Machinist.

After being tapped by Steven Spielberg to star in his epic period film, Empire of the Sun, he found himself thrust into the spotlight, causing enough apprehension about being a celebrity that he considered quitting his career before it really began. It was Bale’s leading turn as the serial killer Patrick Batman in American Psycho that turned more than a few heads and underscored his prodigious talents, though he followed up with more subdued performances in Reign of Fire, and Terminator Salvation.  He recently portrayed Bruce Wayne/Batman in  Batman Begins , The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises.  He recently emerged with an Oscar-winning supporting turn as a drug-addicted former professional boxer in The Fighter.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Categories: Lead Actor

Subscribe

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: